Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Short Mother's Day Note


I hope you've taken the time to wish your mother a Happy Mother's Day. If your mother is no longer with us, I hope you've thought of her today.

I told the kids in my children's Sunday School this morning: "Make sure you give your mother a big hug and wish her happy mother's day the next time you see her. If you have already done that, do it again, I'm sure she won't mind."

One significant thing about my mother that I will never forget is that she has always supported me in whatever I wanted to do. From tee-ball to soccer and from graphic design to missions. My passions and desires have changed a lot over the years. Some are certainly more permanent than others. Whether I was serious about those passions or only wanted to do them for a week, my mother always supported me. We were just talking about one particular incident the other day. In 7th grade I had signed up for soccer and after the first practice I quit because the exercise was too much for me. She supported me playing so long as I wanted to play, and encouraged me when I wanted to quit.

Thank you mom. I love you.

Do you have any similar stories? Share them if you like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons