Wednesday, May 2, 2012

15 Great Church Website Designs

Wired Wednesday #4

This week's inspiration fix is on church websites. No, there are no freebies here; nothing you can download for you own use. Sorry. However, in the coming weeks (not necessarily soon) we will start taking a look at church websites and this is kind of a preview. Currently I am involved in two church websites and over the next 2 months I will be able to start work on them. As I get more involved, some of my posts will begin to be about developing good church websites.

In today's culture there is no excuse for not having a church website. Even if you can't design one yourself, there are plenty of places that make the websites for you. The best website designs are the original ones created by a graphic designer, whether in your church or not. As far as the purchasable websites, it is true that the best designs cost the most money. You aren't likely to find an amazing template for under $100. But a cheap website is better than no website. To repeat what I just said: There is no excuse for not having a church website. I won't wax an elephant any more here and I'll save it for a later post about the benefits of websites, the best places to find designs, and features that your website just has to have to maximize effectiveness.

These websites are listed in the order that I like them. You'll probably notice that most of these websites are white and relatively plain. The clean feel produces a professional look. I also recently read an article by Line25 featuring 20 websites using entirely white designs that reinforced this thought. Lastly, let me say that I do not necessarily agree with the position of some of these churches. They are merely posted here for their design qualities.

Glad Tidings Omaha
 This one is my personal favorite. It is clean, professional, and incorporates good flash elements. It's also custom designed by the church. No generic template that other people can have.

First Baptist Church

Grace Baptist Church

First Baptist Church

Cavalier Community Church
  
This actually isn't a website. It's a template from Clover, but I really like it so I thought I'd feature it here. I found a website that uses this template, but they butchered it with their graphics. That proves that a good template doesn't make a good website.

Murray River Baptist Church
 You might accuse of me being biased here, but I love the website design of Murray River Baptist Church in Buronga, NSW, Australia. This is one of the websites I will begin working on shortly. One of the members from missions Team Australia 2011 designed it. She did a great job.

Istrouma Baptist Church

Covenant United Methodist Church

 Greater Mount Zion Baptist Church

CSB Ministries

Kingsfield Church

Stonebriar Community Church

 Four Corner Community Church

Southlake Church
 

Calvary Christian Center


0 comments:

Post a Comment



 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons