Thursday, August 2, 2012

End Times Timelines

So where have I been the past month or so? Why haven't I been posting? Well the simple answer is I've been busy. The more detailed one is that I've been in two 2-week long intensive seminary classes as well as Australia for 3 weeks. You've received a few updates here or there about some design work that I have done in the process.

You might remember my post about the common take on Jude 22 "Making a Difference" being the wrong approach. You also might remember my Men's Conference Flyer for Murray River Baptist Church.

Well this is another one of those sort of posts. I'm currently in, and about to finish up, the book of Daniel in a Seminary class. Two of our class projects were to create a chart revolving around the Four Kingdoms of Daniel 2 and 7 as well as create a timeline for a Seventy Weeks of Daniel 9:24-27.

Our teacher showed us a generic Word document table with boring text and white boxes and I though to myself, "How about I make my chart look attractive." This has given me the idea of making charts like this in the future. I found this to be a practical and helpful project and I hope you find it helpful, too.

Feel free to use these if you desire. I made them pretty large (25"x19"). Just click on the picture to open the largest file.

The Seventy Weeks of Daniel timeline is pretty straight forward. It's a Pre-millennial timeline of events based upon Daniel 9:24-27. Yes, I am Pre-millennial. Yes, I disagree strongly about the other two views (A- and Post-).

The Seventy Weeks of Daniel Chart


The Four Kingdoms or Four Beasts chart is based upon Daniel 2 and 7. Though not directly stated in the chart, the image of Nebuchadnezzar contains the same four kingdoms. The head of gold, chest of silver, waist of brass, and legs of iron and clay are represented in that same order.

This chart contains all four views of this passage, though I only ascribe to the Pre-millennial view as mentioned above. There isn't much difference in the identity of the four kingdoms, but rather the difference is how the Kingdom of God plays in. The liberal view is just dumb.

The Four Beasts of Daniel 7

Do you like these charts? Would you like me to design some more End Times charts? I'm thinking about developing a complete End Times timeline based off of the Seventy Weeks chart. Would you find it helpful if I did this? Let me know. Your response will determine whether or not I put the time into it.

If you like this post, do me a favor and share it on Facebook. Let's get the word out about attractive and easy-to-understand Bible charts that make certain passages practical and profitable. As well as all the other design ideas on this blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be delighted to find more charts on Daniel's seventy weeks as I'm studying this book also at Ihop-Atlanta! Thanks so much and blessings!

pastorbill said...

Yes please these charts are helpful to bible teaching and are a blessing to those of us who do not possess the skill to do these. Also I would be willing to donate to get these charts as a blessing to those who work on them.

Post a Comment



 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting Coupons